Sunday, February 19, 2012

Three Billy Goats Gruff adpatation

Three Billy Goats Gruff script
The story starts on a hillside somewhere in Scandinavia. The fields are full of lush, tall, green grass and the wind in blowing gently across the hillside. The day is overcast. On this hillside side are the three goat brothers, the three Billy Goats Gruff.

There are three white goats with black horns eating grass on this hillside.

NARRATION: “Everyday, the three Billy Goats would graze on grass from the side of McShannon’s Hill.”
NARRATION: “And everyday they would have to cross McShannon’s Bridge to get there.”

Panel, showing the three Billy Goats crossing the Bridge.

NARRATION: “Today however, would prove an interesting challenge.”

Shot of under the Bridge, with two eyes glowing through the shadows.

Panel, first billy goat, smallest of the bunch, walks onto the bridge.

TRIP TRAP TRRIP TRRAP
Shot of hooves.
HUUUUMPFH! WHAM!

The troll pops onto the bridge.
He is huge and has large horns.

TROLL: “Who’s that trippin over mah bridge?!”
There is a disgruntled look across the troll’s face.
NARRATION: “This goat was smart, and knew the troll wanted to eat him.”
GOAT 1: “Sir, do not eat me, I am tiny and weak.”
Panel, overlay of a GOAT 2.
GOAT 1: “If you wait just a moment, my brother will be over this bridge. He is much larger than I and will make a fine meal!”
TROLL: “Good, I’ll snack on you while I wait.”
Panel troll looms over, licking lips.
GOAT 1: “If you wait, you will receive a larger reward!”
TROLL: “How large.”
GOAT 1: “Massive, are you so impatient that you can not wait?”
Smug look on goats face.
TROLL: “Is that a challenge?”
Troll giving a kind of stink eye glare to the goat.

Goat 1 sarcastically:
GOAT 1: “Well, if you don’t think you can do it…”
Panel, goat taunting troll.
TROLL: “GRRRR, fine, I will take your challenge and wait!”
Troll pointing at goat.
TROLL: “But if you are lying, I will find you and gobble you up!”
GOAT 1: “Deal”
Goat 1 walks off.

Time passes, next Goat comes along.
He is slightly larger than the first.

TROLL thought: “Haaha, there is my prize.”

HUMMMMMPH WHAM!

Troll lands on bridge again.

TROLL: “I am going to gobble you up!!”
GOAT 2: “NO please, don’t! I have a ton of work to do.”
Cowering in fear
Troll looks puzzled.
TROLL: “A ton of work? You mean like BEING IN MAH BELLY!”
GOAT 2: “NOOOOOOO!”
Goat 2 tries to run!
WHUMP!
Dodges a leap grab from the Troll.
Troll turns around and tries to grab again and is successful.
TROLL: “Ah, you will be tasty!”
GOAT 2: “PLEASE NO, my brother is coming, he’s MUCH larger than me… “…can yon you not wait for him?”
Troll looks confused.
TROLL: “are you calling me impatient?”
TROLL: “I will take that challenge, but if you are lying, I will find you and gobble you up!”
GOAT 2: “D-d-d-d-d-DEAL”
Runs off.

A while passes, the sky starts to get stormy. Leaves and wind blowing about.

Third Billy goat can be seen in the distance walking towards the bridge. He is huge as well with a mighty pair of black horns and a strong sturdy frame.
TROLL: “Ahha, I did it, it is time to collect my prize!”

HUMMMMMMPH WA-WHUUUUUUUUPHHH BAM!

TROLL: “HA! You look like good eatin, and you’re ALLLLL mine!”

Goat three does not say anything, he just stands there looking tough.
GOAT THREE: “…”
Troll begins to leap.
Goat 3 still emotionless and not moving.
Troll: “HA, this will be so easy!” … “And Tasty!”
Goat 3 still not making a move.
Goat 3 sidesteps the Troll’s leap.
WHUMMMP THUD
Goat 3 looks down on the Troll.
TROLL: “GRRRRR I WILL EAT YOU AND YOUR PUNY BROT-!”
Troll is cut off as GOAT 3 charges him in the gut.
Troll is sent flying to the ground.

GOAT 3: “Well come along, I’ve got two spears”
Shot of horns.
GOAT 3: “And I’ll poke your eyeballs out at your ears”
Troll getting speared by the goat.
GOAT 3: “I’ve got besides two curling stones”
Goat 3 stomping the troll
GOAT 3: “And I’ll crush you to bits, body and bone!”
Troll is left crippled while Goat walks off in the distance.
Shot of all three billy goats eating and getting fat.
Trolls can regenerate though and you can only kill them with fire.
The troll sneaks up to the hill and eats the two smaller goats.
The largest goat and troll are locked in combat for all time. The goat can’t kill the troll because he regenerates and the troll can’t hurt the goat because he fights too well.

THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment